Sunday, February 23, 2014

(Kindle Lending Library, February Pick) Left Drowning, Jessica Park.

Left Drowning, Jessica Park.


I read this book in a span of five hours. Huddled over my kindle, late at night, watching over sick child, unable to sleep, unable to put it down. This story follows Blythe and Chris, two lost souls whose pasts and futures are entangled together. After the death of her parents, she is unable to let anyone in, that is until she meets Chris. Chris helps her learn to live again, and don't forget he gets help from his close knit siblings.Chris' brother, Sabine, has to be my favorite character, his whit and dramatics had me cracking up in bed. This novel touches on dark subjects (no spoilers) that ultimately show how parents much parents shape and affect their children, even the lack of their presence affects a child deeper than can be explained. This is my first novel by Park, and she did a wonderful job creating likable, believable characters who tugged my heart into their love story. About 70% of the way into the book I told myself ' one last chapter, then i am going to bed' then I hit the climax of the novel. It made me cry out, "what in the world is Chris doing?" then I sobbed into my pillow hoping and resisted the urge to skip to the end. Oh, but how happy I am that I waited, because the story unfolded nicely. Five stars to Park, for writing this! Last night's sleeplessness was so worth it!
Buy Here at Amazon:
Left Drowning

No comments:

Post a Comment