Wednesday, February 19, 2014

(Kindle Lending Library-January Pick) Falling into Infinity



Pre-med student Caroline “Charlie” Collins, a sophomore at Texas A&M, knows exactly what she wants in life and the order that it will happen: finish college, complete medical school, and then fall in love. A chance meeting with A&M’s star quarterback Colin McKinney changes everything. A friendship between the two grows over time and blossoms into a powerful love affair. Charlie and Colin must learn to cope with his transition to playing professional football, the crushing attention of the media, and constant demands of his fans. At the same time, she’s struggling with how her dream of attending medical school will fit into their already stressed relationship and Colin’s new life. Falling Into Infinity asks the question is just loving someone enough to make a relationship work?
Review
This is a book about Charlie and her college boyfriend. Thier struggles with fame and family really put a damper on their relationship. I have to say, while reading this book, I was torn on if I should give this novel a 4 or 3 star review. It wasn't a bad story, but the writing was very immature. The first chapter involves the main character talking like a 16 year old. She gets drunk with her friend, brags on her rich boyfriend, but for a girl who has such high ambitions....I don't know maybe me experiences are different. Seems to me, a girl with such low self esteem and hopes to go to Harvard Medical school would start the year off differently. The books does this thing where it flips back and forth from all four years of highschool and then to eight years after. It was hard to keep up with. I couldn't remember what college year I was reading. Then her boyfriend is very controlling, but we never know exactly why. His character development is pretty limited. Overall, I give this book a 3 star review, because the storyline wasn't so bad, and I did finish it! It was a cute free read, but I don't think I will be reading anything else in the series. Didn't love it, but don't hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment