Sunday, March 2, 2014

Three Broken Promises

Summary- Commitment. That’s what I really want from Colin. Ever since my brother, Danny, died in Iraq, Colin’s done so much to help me, including giving me a job at his popular restaurant so I can leave my crappy waitressing job at the strip joint. But lying in bed with him every night to comfort him from his horrible nightmares isn’t enough anymore. I know he feels guilty about Danny’s death, about not going to Iraq, but I can’t keep living this double life. 

I love him desperately, but he’s got so many demons, and if he can’t open up to me now, then he’ll never be the real partner I need him to be. I gave him a month, and now I’m out of here. If he truly loves me like he says, he knows where to find me

My rating: 4
My review:
How I loved Fable, but Jen? Jen is a character all screwed up on her own. The romance between Jen and Colin was agonizing and left me tear stained. Two broken souls to afraid to take a chance and be with each other. Colin make a promise to Jen's dead brother that he would take care of her, but Jen wants to be free of her past, and make her own way.  I cried when I read this book, it tugged at a part of me I had forgotten about. Being afraid of love because you are ashamed of your past. Though the book was wonderful and I loved it, the only reason I gave it four stars is because I found it frustrating. Jen told Colin time and time again that she wanted him, and even Fable told him that Jen was in love with him, but I never really understood why he wouldn't be with her. He gave excuses and kept wondering why she was leaving, all he had to do was say "STAY"...but i guess if it was that simple there would have been no book. Nonetheless, this was a great read, if you are a huge fan of Monica Murphy, this is a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment